Re: [orca-list] microsoft edge and orca

My understanding is that Chromium is Chrome minus Google's proprietary bits.

Been using Firefox since the 0.x days and can't say I've ever been
tempted to try an alternative graphical browser(never got as far as
installing Chromium on account of it taking up even more disc space
than Firefox and having even more dependencies)... that said, I wish I
could find a passable text-only browsing experience as then I could
ditch the GUI entirely and live entirely in the console. Sadly, as
much as I hate JavaScript and other web rich content, there are too
many websites that just don't work or will refuse to load if
JavaScript isn't available, most text browsers have poor to
non-existant JavaScript support, and Orca's navigational hotkeys are
just too darn useful to the point I have to wonder how I got by
without them back when I had a working eye... plus, many text-only
browsers are built on conventions from the days before GUIs and
sometimes have keybindings that are downright alien to someone who
grew up with GUI browsers(I think my first web browser was Internet
Explorer 4 or 5).