[orca-list] kali linux and orca?

Has anyone recently installed this on bare metal; managed to log in, then
got orca talking?  I chose gnome and large extras for packages (8) when I
did this install and got no further than that.  This was using the s
parameter on the boot line to get debian speaking me through the install.
It may be the accessibility stuff isn't getting copied over to the right
places when an accessible install is done.  If it's broken no problem,
this seems to be my month for burning linux coasters.