[orca-list] I got speech working in mate and heres how I did it.

Hi all,

A few days ago I had posted here about a problem with getting orca talking on a fresh install of Arch-linux.  The steps I took man not be neccary if you have espeak-ng installed either from the standard arch repo or from the AUR.

After espeak-ng is installed, you will want to make sure that speech-dispatcher is set to use it by default. By def To do this do the following.

  1. While root edit  the following file with nano or whatever you want.  Stetcstspeechindispatcherstspeechdddccf.  Make sure that espeak-ng is uncomented.  Than change the default module line to espeak-ng  and save the file.
  2. Now reboot the machine  and login.  Once your desktop is up, you should be able to get orca talking.

Again not sure if installing espeakup-git is neccary, but when I did, I had to forcefully remove espeak which forced me to loose speech in the concel.  IF anyone knows how to get that back that would be great.  Thanks again for everyones help.

Matthew