Re: [orca-list] App recommendations

You don't actually need to pipe mpv output to /dev/null. You can just
use the -really-quiet option instead. This will have much the same
effect, but it also allows you to see any errors. I think there is also
a configuration file where you can include that option, and also the -
no-video option if needed. I think it's still better to avoid the
terminal if possible though, so I will be trying some of the front end
interfaces. That said, mpv can open files from your chosen file
manager, so this is sometimes the only front end you may need.
Sometimes this is what I do, as encountering a video file and pressing
the enter key will just open up mpv, and I don't even need any
additional configuration options. It will be good to have a working
front end interface as well, so I'll definitely be looking into it.
~Kyle