Re: [orca-list] App recommendations

I can't speak for any of it's GUI interfaces, but MPV works well from
the console and will play just about anything you throw at it, though
it is quite hefty and I ended up writing a one-line script because I
got tired of typing out the --no-video flag and > /dev/null everytime
I invoke it(The former is needed when running in the console to
prevent complaints about there being no display, the latter prevents
it from spitting a whole bunch of stuff to stdout that has screen
readers talking over the media).

There's also ogg123(provided by vorbis-tools) and mpg123, which are
simple, no frills players for ogg/flac and mp1/2/3 respectively.
You'll also need the flac package for ogg123 to play flac, and I'm not
sure if there's a GUI for either.

I can't speak for mainline Firefox, but Firefox-ESR works well with
Orca for the most part and I'm inclined to blame most of the problems
I do encounter on the web designers of the specific web site rather
than on the browser or Orca. I do have to confess that Firefox is the
only reason I'm not living in the command line 24/7.