From: orca-list <orca-list-bounces gnome org> On Behalf Of Glenn K0LNY
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 10:59 AM
To: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel panix com>; Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com>
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Why is key echo on by default?

Jace,
I think the majority of users of a screenreader like the key echo to be on.
I can type over 50 WPM, maybe 60 WPM on a good day.
But I still don't trust that what I typed is correct, in fact, sometimes I am not sure of the spelling of a
word, and if I have it set to speaking words, I may not know that what I typed was a mistake or just the way
the screenreader says a word.
If you are a fast typist, maybe you aren't as good at listening to synthetic speech at a fast rate, as in
what comes out from typing fast.
Anyway, that is why I think having key echo on by default is a good thing.
Glenn