Re: [orca-list] App recommendations

Dne 18. 03. 21 v 8:22 Reece O'Bryan via orca-list napsal(a):
Have my first all and true linux box coming from System76. With up to 4.7 GHz CPU and 64Gb of ram I should be able to get the full experience of linux. Some questions,

1. I’ll only need orca as my screenreader, right? I’ll have POP OS, essentially Ubuntu.

Unless you want to work in pure text console, where you might want to try Fenrir.

2. Any recommendations for accessible email client and text editor?

Thunderbird for email.

There are many text editors, depends on features you desire. I use Leafpad as super lite text editor. But if you want to code, then I would go for Visual studio code.

Then there is Gedit, Pluma, Medit...

3. What is accessible in regard to orca for running a virtual machine? I’m familiar with Vbox, but have heard KVM is better?

Virtualbox is somehow accessible. But you can use Virt-manager to run machines based on Qemu / KVM. It is more accessible than Virtualbox. VmWare Player is accessible as well.

4. Is luks accessible or will I need to stick with using veracrypt from CLI?

Depends what you want. Cryptsetup is a CLI frontend which can be used also with LUKS beside other dis encryption schemes. Maybe it has also a GUI, but I don't use it.

I would very much also appreciate if anyone has any tips or tricks to aid in accessibility. Example being a Gnome tweak.

Thank you,

-Reece O’Bryan
C: (502)-827-3724
1645 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862

thing in this email is the opinion of myself and does not reflect that of any organization or company I am affiliated with.

This email is confidential and if you weren’t the intended recipient  them please destroy this immediately.