Re: [orca-list] Dual booting Linux besides windows questions

On 29/6/21 12:54 pm, mohammad suliman via orca-list wrote:
I have some questions regarding dual booting a Linux distro besides windows 10:
  • I have read a guide for doing this, and I had the impression that this is accessible, is it correct? You can tell windows to boot from a disk on key from somewhere in the control panel if I am not mistaken, then when it boots, you can run Orca and complete the setup process independently. Is that observation correct?

I had to press a function key, followed by down-arrow once or twice to boot from a USB flash drive. There may have been a way to set this up from within Windows, but I wasn't aware of any.

I configured Linux to boot via Grub, and set up an audible beep in Grub so it would be clear when the Grub menu was present, and I could use up/down arrow keys to select the desired operating system/kernel to boot.

Of course, if Linux is configured to load a display manager that works with Orca, everything is accessible from the login dialogue onward. A console-based screen reader (BRLTTY, Speakup, Fenrir) can be used at that level also.