Re: [orca-list] desktop environments

I don't know, what I installed was xfce4.x and what just got released was
xfce 5.0 if memory serves.  The whisker menu if memory serves is entered
and exited with the super-m keys.

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021, Kyle via orca-list wrote:

Do the XFCE panels, especially the notification area/system tray work now? I
don't work with NetworkManager as I once did, since systemd-networkd is pretty
easy to set up, and usually is working out of the box, and configure-wifi does
most of the wifi stuff using systemd-networkd, wpa_supplicant and Zenity,
though I will likely change that so that it uses yad in the future. I'm also
using xbindkeys these days to control multiple media players that don't need a
system tray icon and other things that I like to have set in a portable way so
as not to have to rely on shortcut managers that are specific to individual
desktop environments, but many things definitely need speaking notifications,
including many of my keyboard shortcuts, and there are still system tray icons
that I use, especially the bluetooth applet. The panels are also important for
the window list and workspace switcher. I'm very happy to know that this
desktop environment is still in active development.

~Kyle