Re: [orca-list] desktop environments

XFCE is still devaloped and maintained? I wasn't aware of this. I tried it way back about 7 years ago, and although it worked well enough to put on a very old computer and then remove orca so that a seeing person could use it, it didn't work well enough for me to use every day. One of the biggest problems for me was that the panels didn't speak at that time. Has this improved now? Is it worth trying again, now that I have lightdm working, which allows me to choose a desktop at login time?

~Kyle