Re: [orca-list] desktop environments

Do the XFCE panels, especially the notification area/system tray work now? I don't work with NetworkManager as I once did, since systemd-networkd is pretty easy to set up, and usually is working out of the box, and configure-wifi does most of the wifi stuff using systemd-networkd, wpa_supplicant and Zenity, though I will likely change that so that it uses yad in the future. I'm also using xbindkeys these days to control multiple media players that don't need a system tray icon and other things that I like to have set in a portable way so as not to have to rely on shortcut managers that are specific to individual desktop environments, but many things definitely need speaking notifications, including many of my keyboard shortcuts, and there are still system tray icons that I use, especially the bluetooth applet. The panels are also important for the window list and workspace switcher. I'm very happy to know that this desktop environment is still in active development.

~Kyle