Re: [orca-list] Dual booting Linux besides windows questions

If you are setting up a dual-boot machine, Ubuntu has one significant advantage over Debian. When you are repartitioning the disk, Debian will ask you a lot of questions about how you want it done. Ubuntu will just say that it recognizes you're setting up a dual boot, present a new partitioning scheme, and let you accept it. The Debian approach gives you more control but if you're new to Linux, you may not know how to answer all the questions. You can probably just keep accepting the defaults in Debian but it could still be confusing.

Have you considered just running Linux as a virtual machine? I found that when i had dual boot machines, I always used either Linux or Windows. It's such a pain to reboot that I found myself just sticking with whatever I was using. Weeks, months, or even years would go by without me booting into the other operating system. Now, I always do Linux and run Windows in a virtual machine.