From: Jude DaShiell
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 6:09 PM
To: Nolan Darilek
Cc: Orca
Subject: Re: [orca-list] OT: Best console screen reader for roguelikes?

I play a few rogue-like games.  When I do that, usually it's with espeak

on a console.

I never found orca to add anything to the experience of rogue-like games

either.

Tiles in those games have no dictionary entries that would allow them to

properly speak as a character moved over or into them.  The text versions

of those games show ascii characters which once you learn it is possible

to play those games.

stone_soup or crawl same game two different names I think is a worthwhile

game to play if you can get it working.  If the graphics version ever gets

going, it may have extra sounds playing as a player plays the game like

alteraeon does in mud experience.  Any games like stone_soup that actually

work all of the way in orca I'd be interested in installing and playing.

I have to try some more directed experiments with fenrir in the rogue-like

gaming environment in graphical and console environments before I'm

prepared to give a review on fenrir.