Re: [orca-list] Accessible encryption

If it helps any, I recently wrote an article on how to use gpg to
encrypt / decrypt PGP e-mails.

https://www.makeuseof.com/gnupg-encryption-on-linux/

Matt

On 1/10/21, Jason White via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

On 1/10/21 6:57 AM, Jeanette C. via orca-list wrote:
Certainly mail clients to either encrypt e-mails or digitally sign them,
but I can't recommend anything there.

I recently experimented with the OpenPGP encryption support introduced
in Thunderbird 78. The relevant menus and dialogues seemed to be
accessible with Orca, but I didn't comprehensively go through every option.

Another option for file encryption is to use an editor such as Emacs or
Vim, which can open and create PGP-encrypted files. If you edit an
encrypted file (e.g., somefile.gpg), then save it in the editor, it
remains encrypted. This is useful for bank account information or other
details that you want to protect, but need to be able to look up quickly.