Re: [orca-list] Accessible encryption

On 1/10/21 6:57 AM, Jeanette C. via orca-list wrote:
Certainly mail clients to either encrypt e-mails or digitally sign them,
but I can't recommend anything there.

I recently experimented with the OpenPGP encryption support introduced in Thunderbird 78. The relevant menus and dialogues seemed to be accessible with Orca, but I didn't comprehensively go through every option.

Another option for file encryption is to use an editor such as Emacs or Vim, which can open and create PGP-encrypted files. If you edit an encrypted file (e.g., somefile.gpg), then save it in the editor, it remains encrypted. This is useful for bank account information or other details that you want to protect, but need to be able to look up quickly.