Re: [orca-list] Issue with blueman?

On 1/4/21 2:20 PM, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
Okay, thanks. Perhaps that's just the design of the tool and nothing can
be done, I don't know. Still, if buttons appear on the screen when a
device is selected from the list, it feels to me that these buttons
should be also rendered by the assistive technologies.
Yes, they should be. It's a Python script that uses GTK. I don't know enough about the accessibility interfaces of GTK to make the changes, though. In any case, if this tool is upgraded to GTK 4, they'll have a chance to fix it with the new accessibility API, which we hope is easier for developers to use. At least the documentation is good, and the approach should be familiar to anyone who has used ARIA.