Re: [orca-list] Git hosting (was Re: Solving screenreader sound problems ...)

Jookia <contact jookia org> writes:

sourcehut is accessible now? Last I checked it lacks things like skip
links and titles for icons :\

Neither are a prerequisite or a blocker for a thing being accessible,
not by a longshot.  Sourcehut has headings, which work just as well
(better?)  than skip links.  And we (me and another blind friend) don't
find the lack of icon titles to be a problem in practice for sourcehut,
either.

It may not meet technical definitions of accessibility, but I'd argue
that it's more usable for us than the competition.

--
Chris Brannon
Founder: Blind and Low Vision Unix Users Group (https://blvuug.org/).