Re: [orca-list] Solving screenreader sound problems in presence of sound servers once and for all

Didier Spaier <didier slint fr> writes:

So yes, please let us know. Will you set up a public Git repo?

(this is Re: the digression about speechd-up).

Hi Didier,
I certainly will.  It'll be posted on the BLVUUG forge, whenever that's
up and running.  I need to get cracking on that.

I'm going to change the name to speechd-up-ng because I'm making some
changes to it that make it not quite a drop-in replacement for
speechd-up.  E.G., I've removed the dependency on dotconf (never was a
huge fan of that) and instead of autotools, I have a tiny, readable, and
capable makefile.  I've also cut out code to do double forking and
manage pid files etc.

This last is probably of some concern to you, because I suspect slint
probably doesn't have a supervisor that manages foreground services.
You could, for instance, run it under the daemonize utility, which
handles double-forking and pid file management.

-- Chris