Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird wil become a webbased application in near future :-(

Hi and again sorry for the X-posting,

Am 08.02.2021 um 12:32 schrieb Sebastian Humenda:

Christian Schoepplein schrieb am 08.02.2021, 11:26 +0100:
regarding to a presentation at FOSDEM 2021 it is planed to make Thunderbird
more and more a webbased application based on Electron.

I have only read secondary sources, but AFAIU it is going to be web-based as
the Firefox GUI already is. For instance, the settings dialog in Firefox is a
HTML/CSS/JS interface and Thunderbird should become alike. Did they explicitly
say Electron?

Sorry, I have also heard it via secondary sources, but now I was searching for myself to find out if Electron will be used or not..., and it will not be used.

Instead a mixture of ES6-javascript/HTML5 will be the code to build the new interface and that is already used for the settings dialog IMHO.

I ahve no idea if thats better then Electron or if it will cause more problems regarding accessibility..., we will see.

Cheers,

  Schoepp