Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird wil become a webbased application in near future :-(

Hi,

Am 08.02.2021 um 12:49 schrieb josé Vilmar Estácio de Souza:
Electron uses chromium as an engine and thanks to Joanie and others, chromium is accessible with orca.

There can certainly be accessibility problems, but not because they are using electron.

Thanks, that are better news than I was hoping for :-).

So Electron will not be the problem, but we'll have to take care that they take care of accessibility for thunderbird when they are using electron to build the UI.

Lets see how the future versions look like. AFAIK version 91, which will be available this summer, will be the first full webbased Thunderbird version.

Cheers,

  Schoepp