Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird wil become a webbased application in near future :-(

Hello Christian,

Which FOSDEM conference are you talking about precisely ? I don't see anything related to Thunderbird and Electron.

Just to be sure, don't you confused Electron and Electrolysis ? Electrolysis means moving Thunderbird to a multi-process architecture as Firefox did years ago. Electron is a chromium-based framework.

To complete what others say, Thunderbird is already based on web technology because it is built on top of Firefox technologies.

The Hypra company makes it best to raise accessibility topic into the Thunderbird community.

We still need more Orca users of Thunderbird Daily and more people involved to ensure Thunderbird will keep accessibility as a priority. Thunderbird Daily is the equivalent of Orca master, Chrome Unstable or Firefox Nightly.

As usual, donating money to the Thunderbird project is helpful to help to keep it maintained.

Thanks for sharing the news with us.