Re: [orca-list] pipe wire

Jason White writes:
The component I'm somewhat interested in is Wireplumber, which=20
apparently allows policies to be configured for different audio devices.
For example, having Orca speech/audio output directed to one device, but=20
media output from a browser directed to another, would be useful.
I agree, having policies for this would be great. I do it quite a lot
with pulseaudio but transparent it is certainly not.
Given the centrality of sound to me using or rescuing a machine the
increasingly Heath Robinson architecture of Linux sound kinda scares
me. I've resorted using threatening language on pulseaudio to make it
keep its hands off an alsa device I wanted for ecasound. It paid about
as much attention to me as my cat does :-)
cheers
Peter
Also, devices such as headphones can be dynamically added/removed, and=20
this ought to work more reliably than it currently does.

I haven't had time to investigate what's happening with the Wireplumber=20
project and how to configure it. I would appreciate observations if=20
anyone manages to experiment with it before I do.