Re: [orca-list] Update: Upgrading Speech Dispatcher broke my Orca

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 11:11:31AM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
Hi, Alexander:

Thanks for your continuing support! Specific rhvoice question below ...

Alexander Epaneshnikov writes:
On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 08:45:39AM -0500, Janina Sajka via orca-list wrote:
As of this morning, after a fresh Orca build from master, I still have
no speech dispatcher support with the same dbus error on both my
systems.

sad to heare. how you starting orca?

with startx.

Contents of .xinitrc are:

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN="gtk"
export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

#exec gnome-session
exec mate-session

I don't use sutch setup my self so can only guess here.
I think dbus should be started also. but how I am not sure.

I recommend to check sd config files. and either update them or
roll back to factory state.

Yes, I've done that on the older machine, and about to do so on the
newer one, too.

Do I also need to reinstall any part of rhvoice?

I think no. if it will not work after you fix sd. just tell me.

Thanks!

Janina

--
Sincerely, Alexander