Re: [orca-list] Login screen problem: inconsistent speech from Orca across reboots

Thanks Janina,

I appreciate the answer, though you are correct it's not what I was hoping to hear.  If at all possible I would prefer to avoid tinkering with the linux distro.  My 2 chief concerns are that the function keys won't work properly on a different Linux version, and I won't be notified about new system76 firmware when it becomes available for my device.

For reference my machine is a 2021 Lemur pro.  I'm finding a lot to like about it aside from my login concerns.  That said, I will take your advice into account and explore other distributions more if I run into additional showstopping bugs using Pop!OS.

Happy hollidays,

John