Re: [orca-list] probably another good reason orca didn't run on manjaro yesterday

x86 machines have been capable of emulating ARM machines for at least
20 years... Granted, the example of that I'm thinking of is a WinXP
machine with a multi-GHz Pentium emulating the Gameboy Advance, which
only has a 16 MHz ARM processor if memory serves... no clue how well
emulating a more modern ARM processor on a more modern x86 processor
would go...

But yeah, an architecture mismatch means you aren't running anything
on the bare metal, and as far as I know, most virtual machines of the
kind you'd use for testing out a Linux distro assume you'll be running
something you could run on bare metal and have no emulation.

Does make me wonder if there are emulators for say, the Raspbery Pi or
generic Snapdragon SOC that can run from the Linux console.