[orca-list] Troubles with text annotation tools

Hi,

I am using Orca 3.36.2 on Ubuntu 20.04.

I need to annotate text for a natural language processing project I'm working on. I've been testing out a number of text annotation tools, and I've run into a problem. These tools use a web-based interface and I haven't figured out a way to access the functionality. I'm hoping someone on this list can suggest how to make it work.

An example is Teamtat (https://www.teamtat.org/). This is a free tool that doesn't require you to set up an account and there are example projects to play with.

Once you have a file open for tagging, you are supposed to highlight the text that you want to annotate. Once the text is highlighted, controls are supposed to appear that let you select the correct annotation tag. I have been unable to find any way, after highlighting the text to reach those controls. I have tried highlighting the text in focus mode, then switching into browse mode to find the controls, but never succeed.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to access the controls after highlighting text in the browser?

Or, if you know of an annotation tool that is accessible, please let me know.

Thanks,

dave