Re: [orca-list] It seems to be no longer possible to have two versions of the orca installed in my arch box.

On 12/8/21 08:26, José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
I can compile and install in a directory but when running orca with the -v option the reported version is 41.0.

Same for me on Ubuntu 21.10, except the reported version number is 40.0.

The command used was the following: /data/orca/usr/local/bin/orca -v

For me, the command was: /usr/local/bin/orca -v

I also checked the date of creation of the orca present in the folder /data/orca/usr/local/bin/ and it is the same date on which I compiled the orca.

Same for me in /usr/local/bin.
If I remove the repository version, and try to run the compiled copy, I get
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/orca", line 46, in <module>
    from orca import debug
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'orca'

If I run "apt build-dep orca", all the build dependencies seam to be satisfied.

--
Jeremy Lincicome [W0JRL]
JL Applied Technologies:https://jlappliedtechnologies.com/