Re: [orca-list] When there is selected text and the cursor is moved with the arrows, the orca does not read the text to which the cursor was moved

Hey Jeffery, all.

Understood regarding the need to be clear about what happened (selected
text is no longer selected). While I'm not jazzed by my "selection
removed," I'm not jazzed by your list of alternatives. Clear wording is
hard. :) Let's see what others chime in with.

Regarding pressing home to unselect to the start of the line, but leave
the rest of the stuff selected, that behavior should hopefully be
unchanged for two reasons:

1. This logic only kicks in when there is no longer any selected text.
In your example, there still would be selected text.

2. This logic only kicks in when the unselection happened due to
something other than Shift+Caret Nav commands. To unselect just to the
start of the current line, you would have to press Shift+Home; not just
Home.

Hope this makes sense. And if not, please pull master and try it in
Gedit and let me know what you find.

Thanks!
--joanie

On Mon, 2021-12-06 at 14:26 +0000, Jeffery Mewtamer via orca-list