[orca-list] Kali or Parrott OS

Has anyone been able to get Orca running on Parrott or Kali Linux? Would love to get a screenreader running and not have to SSH. On RPI I have gotten Kali to make a crackling noise, but no speech. I installed the following packages: orca, speech-dispatcher, espeak and espeak-ng. Tried changing orca config to use espeak for speech, but that didn’t change anything.

Any suggestions?

“ Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”
~ Helen Keller