Re: [orca-list] eBook readers that work with Orca

I am puzzled as calibre version 4.23.0 (official binary) doesn't seem to provide this output format (eob).

Le 15/09/2020 à 00:40, Rob Hudson a écrit :
To convert epub to html, you have to go
ebook-convert file.epub file.oeb
This creates a folder (file.oeb) where the html files within the epub have been merged into index.html.

----- Original Message -----
From: Didier Spaier via orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
To: orca-list gnome org
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 00:06:55 +0200
Subject: Re: [orca-list] eBook readers that work with Orca

Hello John,

instead of using an eBook reader, you could convert the eBook to an accessible format.

The utility ebook-convert, which is a command line application shipped in the calibre package, does that.

calibre is basically an eBook reader and manager, unfortunately its GUI is fully inaccessible, even with
speech, using orca. I don't know why.

ebook-convert is supposed to be able to output to all formats listed in
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/generated/en/ebook-convert.html but the version I installed, for reason
unknown to me, can not convert an eBook to all these formats, forv instance not to html, anyway rtf and txt
formats are available, which should be good enough.

There is a man page: man ebook-convert and a short help text: ebook-convert -h.

ebook-convert is shipped in the calibre package for Debian Bullseye.

HTH,

Didier