Re: [orca-list] Vim, is it usable for us?

On vim the use of h j k l is not a matter of instead of, it's an option
in addition to.

If you want to move your hand and use the arrow keys, you'll find they
work as expected.

Putting those functions on home row just means you don't need to move
your right hand as much. Among other things it should help stave off
repetitive stress syndrome.

Best,

Janina

Ryan Mann writes:
I’m just curious, why do people like using VI or VIM instead of other editors like Nano or Emacs?  Maybe I
don’t understand VI because I’ve used editors all of my life that allowed me to use the arrow keys to move
around.  Whenever I try to read about how to use VI, it seems like you need to use weird control
combinations to move around documents.  What is the benefit of this way of doing things instead of just
using the arrow keys?  Why does there need to be separate modes for commands and writing text?