[orca-list] Sending Text to Orca to be Spoken or Brailled

Howdy,

I keep running into things that I need spoken with Orca that aren't presented automatically. Now that
notify-send doesn't work, there are more and more cases. I can get around this problem if there was a way to
send text specifically to Orca to be spoken.

This seems like the only critical feature that Orca is missing in comparison with other modern screen
readers. Is there any chance it could be added? I don't think the current customizations.py, or plugin
capabilities would allow this feature to be added because I can't think of a way to get it to watch
constantly for new text.

I know speech-dispatcher could be used for this, but there are a couple problems with that method. First,
speech-dispatcher doesn't tend to have the same speech voice, rate, and possibly even volume settings that
are configured for Orca. Second, when speech-dispatcher speaks something, the output from Orca is stopped
until the other speech is finished, and there's no way to interrupt it. So, if there's a long notification I
don't want to hear, I can't just hit control and make it stop.

If this can be added, I am available to test practically as soon as it is ready.

Thanks,
Storm

--
Accessible low cost computers for everyone! https://stormux.org