[orca-list] New user of Orca and brltty:

Afternoon:

I have a Braille Edge device. While I have Orca working with the Gnome
desktop, it seems impossible to get my Braille Edge to work with the
GUI. The speech works fine. I do have it working with CentOS as long
as I login in terminal mode. But, then I cannot activate the Orca
speech from a command line. Is it possible to get both working in the
same mode, terminal or desktop? If in terminal mode, I would like
someone to tell me how to activate Orca speech. If both can work with
the desktop, how would you activate the Braille Edge? Even if I
activate the brltty in desktop mode (gnome), the braille display says
that the screen isn't in text mode. Can this be overcome? If so, how?
Thanks for any solution to either problem.

--
Charles E. Black, MS.
charleseblack126 gmail com