Re: [orca-list] what's the best tts for orca, free or paid?

Hello Scott, answering to the list the email you sent to me only.

Please tell which distribution and version you use
and how you have built and installed Orca.

Also, I am not sure to understand what you mean writing:
"I've built RHvoice and get nothing past the Alan voice"

Do you mean that you have only the Alan voice?

please post output of following commands:
spd-list -O # capital O after -
spd-say -o rhvoice -L #lower case o, and capital L after -

Have a good day,
Didier