Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird daily and orca master freezes

Hello,

I think I've figured it out.

Since I've just created a new thunderbird profile and connected existing email accounts with a lot of data in its imap folders there is too many initial data to retrieve.

I've created a simple at-spi listeren in python listening for all object* events.
And I've found that too many accessible name changes of the statusbar labels are slowing all orca interaction whenever thunderbird is fetching messages via imap.
It changes the label for each message and it's processing multiple accounts at once.
I've got approx some 5000 events per minute. I assumed that should be manageable on an  intel I5 machine with 16 GB of ram running arch linux.
However as soon as I reconfigured Thunderbird not to fetch all messages in all folders it started to be usefull again for me.

Do you think there might be something to optimize somewhere in the chain of dependencies?

Greetings

Peter