Re: [orca-list] Seeking a laptop capable of beeps during boot

All HP business machines (Probook, Elitebook) I have seen beep their speaker when requested to from an
operating system as well as when you open the boot menu in the firmware. Other advantages are that with
sighted help on the newer ones, you can upgrade the efi/bios from within the efi firmware if you connect a
network cable. The brand new elitebooks are also supported by the Linux vendor Firmware Service (LVFS) which
allows you to upgrade firmware from within Linux. If you want to save some money by skipping Windows, you can
configure them with freeDos in the US and save about $200. I am not sure about other countries. There are
also heaps of second hand Elitebooks and Probooks off lease from businesses on  sites like Newegg and Ebay in
the US. I am not sure about other countries.