Re: [orca-list] firefox: orca ignore image link without name in navigation mode

Hello,

I think NVDA guys had a similar consideration back in the days when this issue was discussed.

I think the outcome of that discussion was that we don't want to hear graphic with empty alt text but when there is a link with empty href, we would like to hear the image is there with the alt attribute made of the file name truncated to 32 chars, because some web developers put strange things in there even base 64 encoded some times.

I can't say whether we do have enough API's for doing this too though.

Greetings

    Peter

Dňa 12. 6. 2020 o 14:54 Joanmarie Diggs napísal(a):
Hey Jerem.

This is a tricky problem. When Orca doesn't ignore those images, people complain it's a bug because of the expectation that images for which the author explicitly sets the alt attribute to null or an empty string need to be skipped. It's even a WCAG technique.

So in response to such complaints, I "fixed" Orca. But by "fixing" Orca to do what some people expect, I introduced problems for web pages which don't use the WCAG technique correctly.

So what's the right answer?
--joanie