Re: [orca-list] Remote Access?

Linux is pretty much designed to be accessed remotely. Originally people used serial consoles but today almost everything is done via ssh. I do my entire job of managing the servers for the Math Department at the University Of Wisconsin remotely.

I don't know of any way to use the Linux desktop remotely in an accessible manner. Linux has something called X11 forwarding. You ssh to a remote machine passing the -Y flag. And then you can run GUI apps like firefox and thunderbird on the remote system while the display goes to your computer. People in my department do this routinely to run research programs on our Linux supercomputers.  But orca does not work with apps run this way.