Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird's Index View

Janina,

Try hitting the k or alt-k for links.

key

Chris

On 1/27/20 6:24 AM, Janina Sajka via orca-list wrote:
Thanks to everyone weighing in on this thread. A few observations and
questions from yours truly.

1.)     I have been pressing enter in the message list to read the email
I'm interested in. Would I get the same functionality in preview mode,
namely the ability to click hyperlinks? Activating hyperlinks directly
from within an email is my main reason for even bothering with a
graphical client. I'm otherwise fairly content with mutt, but even using
the clipboard on some hyperlinks no longer works, e.g. for validating
password changes. Seems there's some metadata in these messages which
effectively blocks using the clipboard to go to a browser indirectly.

2.)     It seems multiple windws may be opened. I've had some success
with Ctrl+W, but it often seems Ctrl+TAB is also required to get at all
the open windows. Can we close all open windows in a single keystroke? I
guess I could just try shift or alt, but I'm feeling a tad pressed, so
thought I'd just ask.

3.)     For whatever reason I get nothing from any variant involving F6
or the grave. For me these don't appear to do anything.

Best,

Janina

Al Sten-Clanton writes:
I didn't know about ctrl-tab, so thanks for that.  I tried escape and
alt-grave and nothing happened.  It's the same with F6 and shift-F6.   I
usually use ctrl-w to get out of a message.

Al