[orca-list] Thunderbird's Index View

Hi, All:

I've been trying to use Thunderbird recently. I'm hoping my frustration
with Thunderbird is just a lack of knowledge and appropriate
configuration.

Here's my problem:

I want to work from the index view. I would like to default to that tab
when I launch Thunderbird. I don't care about it's calendar, today,
tomorrow, and 5 days forward.

Is there a way to set T-bird to default to the index view?

Also, when in an actual email message, how does one most efficiently
return to the index view?

Thanks for all suggestions. Happy New Year, everyone!

Janina

--

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow