Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird's Index View

Hi Christopher, All:

I'm picking up on this old Thunderbird thread because I keep working at
learning Thunderbird from time to time. I've made progress, but I'm
still learning and have a specific question.

Actually, two questions ...

1.)     When in an email message, I note that TAB and Shift+TAB take me
among hyperlinks embedded in the message. But, how do I get out of that
view and back to what I've called the index listing? Nothing else I try
seems to work reliably short of going into the menus. Some simple key
combo would be very satisfying at this point.

2.)     What is the correct graphical desktop term for what I'm calling
the index? What term should I use to identify the list of messages in a
folder? What's that called?

With thanks,

Janina

Christopher Chaltain writes:
OK Janina, I get what you're talking about. I guess I just call that the in
box, but the index view may be the more appropriate term.

I don't use the calendar in Thunderbird at all. I just use Google Calendar's
web interface. I don't see anything to do with a calendar or Lightning in
Thunderbird, so I'm guessing I just disabled that add on altogether.

I do come up in my in box. I also have the message pane turned on, so I just
use the F6 key to jump from the folder list to the in box for that folder
and then the message body. The folder list will also take you between
accounts. The left and right arrows will collapse subfolders. BTW, I also
have my messages in a threaded view, and the left and right arrow keys will
also collapse and expand each thread.

I hope this helps, and I can answer more questions or give more details
later.