Re: [orca-list] ubuntu-mate-18.04 espeak-ng problem

Hello,

If I were you I would try the following.

* If you are using espeak-ng as shipped by the distro maintainers, it's very likely installed in a prefix at
/usr . So the espeak binary is /usr/bin/espeak espeak-data is at /usr/share/espeak-data and similar.
* on the top of that you can build espeak-ng from sources as instructed in its readme or other linked
documentation.
* It will be installed into /usr/local prefix overriding the distro default.
* if something goes wrong that you will have no speech, you can revert what you have done and you will get
the speech back.
You can then repeat this several times until it will all work for you the way you are expecting.

Greetings

Peter