Re: [orca-list] Whonix and Orca Error

Hello,

The issue is that it is not somehow possible to initialize gstreamer in your environment.

Some sanity checks have been added in orca 3.36.6 so if you are running that version or more up to date one, then this should be fixed for you.

Can you try if you can play some sounds with gst-launch?

gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! pulsesink

Here is the related orca issue: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/-/issues/161

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 29. 12. 2020 o 0:16 Reece O'Bryan via orca-list napísal(a):
Hi,

Spoke with the developer of and he recommended to run the following:

Dsudo apt update
Dsudo apt install orca

The download seemed to work, yet when trying to run or even running the command to check the version I received the following error, “AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_bus'”

does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this? Do I need to try a different version of orca or what do you think the problem is?

Thank you,

-Reece