Re: [orca-list] Pointers on starting orca development contributions?

I do understand the mechanics of configuring a autoconf package but that is
on the presumption of making installation steps.  I am talking about working
in the source tree itself where install steps are rarely taken until the end
when testing that piece of the process of making changes.  Making a change,
install and restart is a painful cycle.

I'm looking for something like:

export ORCA_HOME=$source/src/orca
cd $ORCA_HOME

# initial setup
./configure blah
make

# set up environment
export SOME_PYTHON_PATH_VAR=...

./orca --replace &

# test

# make changes to some code

./orca --replace &

# cycle until happy

This way when I crater orca with some change, my Desktop orca is safe and
easy to recovery start again.

        Dan