Re: [orca-list] Processor or memory: which matters most with screen readers?

I'm inclined to think it depends on the specific screen reader and
what other software you'll be running.

A Raspberry Pi 2 can run a CLI-only system with a text-mode screen
reader without much trouble, but a Pi 4 with at least 4GB of ram is
recommended for running Orca on the Pi, especially if you want to run
it with Mate or Gnome... and my 9-year-old x86 machine handles running
Firefox+Orca in a stripped down x-session fairly well for the most
part, but websites with excessive amounts of JavaScript and other rich
web content can slow things to a crawl in  the GUI, and I've got my
doubts this machine can run Windows 8 or 10, much less with NVDA and
applications running on top of Microsoft's bloat(my desktop was a Win7
machine prior to nuking Windows to install Linux).