Re: [orca-list] getting Orca To Start

I believe you are referring to the menu integration files based on free desktop group many UNIX-like systems are following to various degrees.  They are files describing how to run and localized descriptive text about the app.  On my rpi 4 MATE system, orca.desktop exists at:

/usr/share/applications/

Just copy into the autostart..  Now, if you have running a GNOME system.. It should be simpler with a toggle in the Universal Access or Accessibility menu.  It seems to move around on these distros.  *sigh*

In a serious pinch, blindly bring up the Run dialog for the D E and type:

                orca --replace

This will likely kill stuck orca instances and clear the way for orca to start.

Again, ALT+SUPER+S is a typical toggle too.  I personally use that key combo on both standard and MATE versions of Ubuntu.  I hear the latest Raspberry Pi  OS is now using  CNTL+ALT+SPACE to start orca (no install needed now) but I have not tested this yet.

                Dan