Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu, Mint and there flavors. What's the difference between all of them?

Thank you, to everyone who has taken the time to reply in great detail on all this. At the moment, it's
still quite a lot to digest. However, so far, I have understood: debian came first, ubuntu built on top of
debian, then mint took stuff from ubuntu.

What I'm not understanding is, where do GNOME and mate fit in?

Is ubuntu mate, the distro and GNOME the desktop that runs on top of it?

There's a reason why I am asking this particular question, which I will outline in a future post to the list.

Regards

Daniel