Re: [orca-list] Tips and tricks for Orca and Firefox

Aug 14 2020, Rob Hudson has written:

You say the experience is unsatisfactory. That could mean a lot of things. If you give us a specific example
we might be able to better direct you.
Based on the Youtube experience, I sometimes don't know when Orca is in
which mode or not? How to navigate with cursor keys in particular
situations? Is there a way to get a structural overview of a window? Can
I "disengage" with the web content and see all the sidebars, toolbars
and possible buttons in the Firefox window? As well as other open tabs?

Some good practise on when to engage which Orca mode might also help and
when to turn off automatic mode changing, possibly. I am referring to
browser mode, focus mode and object mode.

On a different level, the raction of the system is sometimes quite
sluggish, this is running on a 3 gigaHertz quad core desktop computer
with minimal desktop activity and no other background processes to speak
of. Also sometimes the speech output will not reliably reflect what is
going on. Braille isn't very helpful either, but that is to be expected
and no real concern.

Sorry, if this rather widens the field than narrowing it down.

Best wishes,

Jeanette