Re: [orca-list] OT: I need advice on using windows

Check out virt-manager. Mostly accessible, uses Qemu under the hood, and IME *much* faster than VirtualBox.

It has a nice USB passthrough feature making using most USB hardware easier under Windows. If the VM launches and a device is plugged in, Linux uses it normally. If a device is plugged in *after* the VM boots, it usually routes directly to Windows (keyboards and a few other devices are exceptions.) With this feature, I've found that plugging in a USB audio device gives me very little latency, and I can do a bit of light real-time MIDI instrument playback without too much grief.

A second machine will always be better. But, if that isn't an option, I'd recommend Virt-manager over VirtualBox. I've rarely gotten very good vbox performance under GUIs, but Virt-manager is significantly better.