Re: [orca-list] If you are successfully using a desktop environment with Braille please contact me offline.

Hi John

I am answering you on list because I feel the discussion may need to be here."

I am using orca 3.28.0 (I have not gotten master to build under Ubuntu 18.04) and primarily mate if I use a desktop at all. I by far prefer just working at the console and in fact have my system setup so that it soes not even run a desktop unless I start one""""""."" I am by preference a braille user and would like to run without speech at all. However I have found that at least in mate and gnome shell as well there are many occasions where something will be spoken but not show up on my display. THis happens in the menus (alt+f1) and in firefox. Probably elsewhere as well but those are the primary places I work. This has been true for quite a while but I have lived with it because I just don't go there very often but it feels kinda like braille is definitely an afterthought with orca. I would be happy to look further if someone can tell me how to build orca master under Ubuntu 18.04.

Tom